Based on innovative Waveform-LiDAR technology, RIEGL laser scanners and systems provide an outstanding high-density point cloud ideally suited for applications in forestry and precision agriculture. Advanced processing algorithms account for a full exploitation of the information included in scan data. The high-performance multi-target capability enables an excellent vegetation penetration resulting in a high number of ground returns that can be used to generate very detailed terrain models. Point classification is the basis for growth monitoring, height modeling or the detection of deadfall.
- Vegetation high-density pointcloud
- Ground conditions penetration
- Growth monitoring & tree height modelling
- Shrub layer & deadfall identification
- Bare earth modals
For data acquisition, there are a number of RIEGL LiDAR solutions available, including:
- RiCOPTER with VUX-SYS is RIEGL’s remotely piloted, fully integrated UAV-based airborne LiDAR system.
- VP-1 HeliCopterPod provides a user-friendly turnkey solution for the application of Long Range LiDAR.
- The VQ-1560i and RIEGL VQ-1560i-DW – Ultra-high performance, fully integrated and calibrated Dual Channel Airborne Mapping System.
- The VZ-400i is a cutting-edge 3D Laser Scanning System.
- There are a number of RIEGL UAS-based LiDAR sensors that can be integrated within the RiCOPTER and other remotely piloted aircraft systems.