Welcome to the latest issue of Foresttech.News.
This will be the final issue for 2019. This year we have produced 11 monthly issues and grew the newsletter to over 6,500 direct subscribers and more than 16,000 regular readers. As a reader, we appreciate your support and aim to continue to bring you the latest stories on resource management, data collection and forest inventory technologies, innovation, results from recent research, new product launches and headlines throughout 2020. Our next issue of ForestTECH News will be released in February.
The 5 most-read stories in 2019, out of over 100 news stories featured are:
- 5 Mobile technology trends in the forestry industry
- Looking at the future of GIS
- Fighting forest fires with technology
- AI to better predict forest fires
- Droneseed automating tree planting
Last month we were pleased to host close to 300 forestry resource managers, remote sensing GIS and mapping specialists, inventory foresters and technology suppliers at ForestTECH 2019. ForestTECH has become a truly global event, with representatives from 11 countries attending. We will be highlighting some of the new innovations, research and technologies covered as part of this year’s series in this and future issues of ForestTECH News.
Finally, we wish everyone a Merry Christmas and look forward to seeing you again in 2020.
Check out all the articles below and enjoy this month’s issue.
Stories this issue:
- ForestTECH 2019 – Event Summary
- Low cost high precision seedling inventories
- Drones to plant hundreds of trees in minutes
- CSIRO wins award for using space tech to solve UN land degradation challenge
- Virtual reality engages tech-hungry learners
- New version of the Woodlot Analysis Tool available
- DJI drones banned by U.S. Government
- VR software application for forest inventories
If you haven’t already, you can subscribe to this email newsletter.
Share this Post