ForestTECH is Australasia’s premier technology series. It’s run annually for forest resource managers, remote sensing specialists, inventory foresters and tree crop managers
Finally, in late February 2022, the ForestTECH event ran – albeit with a changed format. Under very trying circumstances including stringent Government restrictions that had been imposed on travel and meetings because of Covid-19, the annual forest technology update originally scheduled to run in November 2021 was postponed by four months.
The spread of Omicron within the New Zealand community early in 2022 meant that to ensure the safety of delegates, exhibitors and presenters that had planned to meet up in Rotorua, New Zealand, the ForestTECH 2021-22 was switched to an online virtual event. It ran, as scheduled and using the exact same two-day programme, on 23-24 February 2022.
The changed format for the ForestTECH 2021-22 event was strongly supported by all of those involved. Over 300 delegates attended from 15 different countries. Two days of stimulating presentations from researchers, forestry companies and technology providers were given on the very latest developments around remote sensing, data capture, forest inventory, tree establishment, automated silviculture and mechanised planting.
In addition, insights along with detailed analyses on the financial and operational performance improvements that had been achieved through the adoption of some of these new technologies were able to be outlined by leading forestry companies drawn from across New Zealand and Australia, Chile, South Africa, Sweden, Finland, Germany and Canada.
Detailed information along with recorded presentations (where speaker approval had been given) from the two days have been supplied to all registered delegates which will provide an invaluable resource, learning tool and listing of key contacts for their operations.
A special report with five videos presented as part of the ForestTECH 2021/22 event on tech advancements and operational trials being undertaken with mechanised planting has also been added. Details can be found here.
- The Conference Rate refers to your attendance in person at the Rotorua conference and exhibitions
- Virtual Online registrations can be booked. These apply to companies from outside of New Zealand. This will ensure on-line attendance by Australian and other international companies.
- All prices exclude GST (15%).
- * For virtual online registrations from outside New Zealand, GST does not apply.
- A credit card processing fee of 2.9% will be charged for all transactions.
- Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA) Member Discounts of 10-25% apply to the listed Standard Conference Rate. FIEA Membership Details and Benefits can be seen on www.fiea.org.nz Membership status and discounts available can be checked by calling our FIEA offices.
- The Early Bird Rate applies only to the standard two-day conference rate. To be eligible for the Early-Bird Rate, registrations and payment must be received ON or BEFORE Friday 15 October 2021. All 'Early Bird' discounts require payment at time of registration and before the cut-off date in order to receive any discount.
- For those attending the Rotorua event, the event registration payment covers morning and afternoon teas, lunches, refreshments, a conference handbook, post-event access to presentation PPT’s (electronic download of PDF’s for those presentations where presenter approval has been given) and recorded presentations, for a limited time and where speaker approval has been given.
- For Virtual Online registrations, your registration payment covers live access to all conference presentations, post-event access to presentation PPT’s (electronic download of PDF’s for those presentations where presenter approval has been given) and recorded presentations, for a limited time and where speaker approval has been given.
COVID-19 related information:
- The event organiser will work diligently to ensure that all instructions provided by the New Zealand Government and Health Authorities, relating to travel and the running of events because of COVID-19 are strictly adhered to. You can be sure that we will have all measures in place to safeguard your health and safety.
- It is the responsibility of the sponsor, exhibitor or delegate, if intending to travel to attend the Rotorua conference, to check on all updated health and Government guidelines for any specific entry requirements.
- If for any reason the Rotorua venue was unable to be used because of COVID-19 restrictions that were imposed by the New Zealand Government, those registered to attend the physical event would be transferred to a new virtual on-line event that would be set up by the organisers.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions relating to any event related issues around COVID-19.
For cancellations on or before Friday 15 October 2021, a 10% administration fee applies. Cancellations received after this date are non-refundable but are transferrable. Please allow 30 days for refunds to be processed. If you wish to transfer your registration to another individual from within your company, please provide us with at least 24 hours advance notice.
To read our full Terms and Conditions, Click Here.