ForestTECH is Australasia’s premier technology series. It’s run annually for forest resource managers, remote sensing specialists, inventory foresters and tree crop managers
ForestTECH - What is it?
Starting in 2007, every year, over 300 forest resource managers, remote sensing, GIS and mapping specialists, inventory foresters and technology providers to this part of the industry from throughout Australasia (and more recently, North and South America, Europe and SE Asia) have met up. It’s the annual ForestTECH series.
For 15 years now, it’s been the one forest technology event every year that’s run in both New Zealand and Australia. For the last few years, foresters from 15-20 different countries have also been participating. The word is getting around - it’s now well and truly recognised internationally as one of the leading forestry remote sensing events being run, anywhere in the world.
Since 2020, the cross over between new data collection technologies for forest estate reporting and operational planning and precision forestry innovations around forest establishment and tree crop management have meant that these two major themes have been combined into the one single event.
Covid-19 Update | International Travel
Since 2020, Covid-19 has had a major impact on how we work, network and grow our businesses. Things have changed in 2022. High community vaccination rates have enabled both New Zealand and Australian governments to lift the regulations put in place during the pandemic.
- Indoor mask use is the only requirement when New Zealand's covid traffic light system is set to 'Red' or 'Orange'. While mask use is still encouraged, masks are not needed when the country is ‘Green’.
- For the latest Covid-19 regulations, please check the New Zealand Government Covid19 website and the Australian Government Covid website.
- International borders are open - mostly. Australia is open to international travellers and New Zealand is reopening earlier than initially scheduled. It is important to check each country’s international travel requirements before you book tickets. These will likely evolve throughout the year. Further details on NZ international requirements can be found on covid travel stages and visa waiver countries. For travel to Australia, visit the Government website and check out state details.
In November 2022 it will have been three long years since the ForestTECH community will have met up in Australia. For New Zealand, it will have been two years. The time is well overdue for this part of the industry to finally meet up again – and to meet key technology and equipment providers, face to face.
With travel restrictions already easing and borders to both New Zealand and Australia opening up in March/April 2022, it’s planned to run a ForestTECH 2022 series in both countries in November 2022. This will ensure that networking amongst remote sensing specialists, inventory foresters and tree crop managers can once again happen. It’s certainly been a long time coming.
ForestTECH attendees will gain real insights from the research, trial results and key lessons in integrating new and developing technologies into your forest operations. This event will showcase the very latest forest industry developments.
Key Technologies include: Remote sensing | data capture | forest inventory | tree establishment | automated silviculture | mechanised planting
Who Will Attend?
Over 300 representatives from the New Zealand and Australian forestry industries, including: Forestry managers | Forest owners | Technical foresters | Forestry consultants | Forestry researchers | Forest resource managers | Inventory foresters | Technology & equipment suppliers | Harvest planners | Forest GIS & remote sensing specialists | Tree crop supervisors | Forest establishment | Silvicultural managers
Email Scam Warning
Large events are increasingly the target of scammers who offer to sell our attendee list to people like you. Please note we will NEVER sell or provide your contact details to any third party. If you receive an email offering to sell you an event list, please don't reply and delete it immediately
We will be working closely with a wide range of New Zealand, Australian and international companies, service suppliers, researchers and government bodies to develop a strong and innovative programme.
If you have any questions about the programme, or would like to be involved, please contact Brent Apthorp on firstname.lastname@example.org or (+64) 3 470 1902.
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
ForestTECH 2022 offers a tremendous opportunity for companies involved in developing innovative tools, technologies and resources for forestry planning and management to maximise their exposure to New Zealand and Australia’s forestry companies.
FIEA has a well-deserved reputation of providing both sponsors with a unique platform for promoting their products and services to the industry in BOTH New Zealand and Australia.
Our partners can also benefit from exposure in the newly updated website, www.foresttech.news, which is now providing monthly communication to well over 6,000 resource managers and inventory foresters in this region.
Sponsorship and branding opportunities are also available for other Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA) events and in the region’s most widely read weekly e-newsletters, Friday Offcuts and WoodWeek.
For a full range of sponsorship, exhibition and branding options, please contact Gordon Thomson, Sponsorship Manager, (+64) 7 921 1384 or (+64) 27 275 8022, email@example.com.
- The Conference Rate refers to your attendance in person at the Rotorua conference and exhibitions
- Virtual Online registrations can be booked. These apply to companies from outside of New Zealand. This will ensure on-line attendance by Australian and other international companies.
- All prices exclude GST (15%).
- * For virtual online registrations from outside New Zealand, GST does not apply.
- A credit card processing fee of 2.9% will be charged for all transactions.
- Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA) Member Discounts of 10-25% apply to the listed Standard Conference Rate. FIEA Membership Details and Benefits can be seen on www.fiea.org.nz Membership status and discounts available can be checked by calling our FIEA offices.
- The Early Bird Rate applies only to the standard two-day conference rate. To be eligible for the Early-Bird Rate, registrations and payment must be received ON or BEFORE Friday 15 October 2021. All 'Early Bird' discounts require payment at time of registration and before the cut-off date in order to receive any discount.
- For those attending the Rotorua event, the event registration payment covers morning and afternoon teas, lunches, refreshments, a conference handbook, post-event access to presentation PPT’s (electronic download of PDF’s for those presentations where presenter approval has been given) and recorded presentations, for a limited time and where speaker approval has been given.
- For Virtual Online registrations, your registration payment covers live access to all conference presentations, post-event access to presentation PPT’s (electronic download of PDF’s for those presentations where presenter approval has been given) and recorded presentations, for a limited time and where speaker approval has been given.
COVID-19 related information:
- The event organiser will work diligently to ensure that all instructions provided by the New Zealand Government and Health Authorities, relating to travel and the running of events because of COVID-19 are strictly adhered to. You can be sure that we will have all measures in place to safeguard your health and safety.
- It is the responsibility of the sponsor, exhibitor or delegate, if intending to travel to attend the Rotorua conference, to check on all updated health and Government guidelines for any specific entry requirements.
- If for any reason the Rotorua venue was unable to be used because of COVID-19 restrictions that were imposed by the New Zealand Government, those registered to attend the physical event would be transferred to a new virtual on-line event that would be set up by the organisers.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions relating to any event related issues around COVID-19.
For cancellations on or before Friday 15 October 2021, a 10% administration fee applies. Cancellations received after this date are non-refundable but are transferrable. Please allow 30 days for refunds to be processed. If you wish to transfer your registration to another individual from within your company, please provide us with at least 24 hours advance notice.
To read our full Terms and Conditions, Click Here.
Rotorua, NEW ZEALANDDistinction Rotorua Hotel
390 Fenton Street, Rotorua, New Zealand
With its beautiful garden setting and located just minutes from the city centre, Distinction Rotorua Hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a big day at the conference.
After the event, this hotel is also a great base to enjoy the wealth of attractions and activities Rotorua has to offer. Free car parking is available at the venue, however, spaces are limited and hotel guests take priority. Special accommodation rates TBA.
Melbourne, AUSTRALIAJasper Hotel
489 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia
In the heart of the Melbourne CBD and part of the Free Tram Zone, the 4-star hotel offers unmatched access to city transport options, shopping destinations, sporting and cultural facilities. Nearby landmarks include Queen Victoria Market, Royal Children’s and Women’s Hospitals, Melbourne University and RMIT. It couldn’t be easier to access Melbourne CBD from Jasper Hotel.
Jasper Hotel offers a selection of newly renovated rooms and suites over eight uniquely decorated floors - In addition to impressive views of the Melbourne skyline and Queen Victoria Market.