Jon Osborn, from the University of Tasmania, spoke at ForestTECH 2016 on alternative platforms and sensors for point cloud data. Two key questions:
- Is dense point cloud photogrammetry emerging as a practical source of useful data?
- What are the developing operational guidelines for resource foresters?
Jon outlined a number of preliminary conclusions from the study, including:
- Airborne/UAV photogrammetry is capable of generating useful high-resolution canopy surfaces.
- Canopy metrics extracted can correlate well with ALS-derived metrics.
- TLS and terrestrial photogrammetry show promise for ground-based plot measurement.
View the full presentation and conclusions below:
Point Cloud Data: Alternative Platforms and Sensors
Jon Osborn, Senior Lecturer, University of Tasmania
Click here to view the presentation.
Share this Post